Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Braggin' Box

Hey y'all! I just wanted to enter this post as a braggin' corner on my wonderful, loving husband! He is so awesome! Here's a little background...My wedding gift from Blair was a Vera Bradley purse, wallet and checkbook cover. Now, back in the day when he gave all these wonderful items to me, I switched purses like underwear...well, not quite that often but you get my meaning! Anyway, my hubby told me that I "have to use that purse for a whole year!" At that point, a year felt like a millennium! Low and behold, the year flew by and before I knew it, the year was come and gone. And so, I got a hankerin' for a new purse. On the recent life-changing move, I mentioned this new desire to my love. He told me "Just go get a new one." Now, what wife doesn't like to hear that when they tell their hubby's they want something?! Well, I looked, albeit half-heartedly, for a new purse, but Blair had spoiled me when he bought me the accessories to match the purse. I mentioned this new bit of info to him and his reply was "Well, just get all of it." Yes, folks, you read correctly! Since most of this transpired during our move, I didn't feel that I should spend that much money on something I just wanted (not needed, ya know?). After we got settled in, Blair kept asking me when I was going to order a new purse and I kept putting him off saying I would wait till I got my first paycheck. Well, I guess Blair got impatient for me because he ordered me a purse...with a wallet, checkbook cover and eyeglasses case!! How sweet is he?! He got me my hearts desire (at the moment!) out of the blue! Ah, I love him! Take a look at my present!!


Okay, so to do a bit more braggin' on my super-duper hubby...I just want to congratulate him on the Accommodation Award that he recently received. He got a medal, new ribbon (for his blue's, I believe), and a certificate. Once I read the certificate I was doubly impressed by this award. It tells of all Blair did while at Barksdale AFB. It's amazing to see how he was so greatly appreciated by his superiors. Now, for those of you that know Blair, you know he's good at most everything he does. I am proud that his "higher-ups" realize it too! He was presented the award by his commander here, so now they know how wonderful he is! Congratulations Baby, I am so proud of you!!



P.S. Just to let you know, Blair told me that one of his co-workers mentioned to him that it's unusual for an airman of Blair's rank and age to get this award. Usually it's someone that's been in for a looonnnnggg time. Cool, huh?

7 comments:

Martha said...

ooooh I really like the purse Blair got you! The print is SO you...it's definitely a "Laura Purse!" Congrats to Blair on his award!

Ashlie said...

Wow! I clicked on the pic of the awards and read the commendation. I am WAYYY impressed!! Way to go, Blair! Tell him I said congrats, Sis!

Oh, and I LOVE the purse & accessories! I was kinda skeptical when you were describing the pattern to me that day, but now that I see it, I think it's gorgeous! Again, way to go Blair!

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

Cute purse!!! I love purses...I would buy a new one every month if Eddie would let me.

Congrats to Blair!!!! Don't you love bragging on your hubby???

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

Cute purse!!! I love purses...I would buy a new one every month if Eddie would let me.

Congrats to Blair!!!! Don't you love bragging on your hubby???

Ashlie said...

OOOO weeee!!! I LOVE the new background!! Ain't it fun to play with your page?! Love you, Sis!!

Jen said...

OOOOOHHHHHH that's my favorite fabric right now Laura! Congrats to you!

Congrats to Blair too on the medal!

Marty and Tiffany said...

Blair is so sweet!! Congrats on the award too. I love your purse. I am proud of you for keeping the same one for a whole year. I change out weekly. Anyway, I read up on your blog and it seems you guys are having a wonderful time. Isn't marriage grand!! I still love every minute of it and it has been ten years.