Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Favorite Movie...

Ok, so I just got done watching P.S. I Love You. I absolutely LOVE that movie. It has just the right amount of humor mixed with tear-jerk-i-ness. (I know that's not a word but I have to express myself somehow...) I first watched this movie with friends from work and felt like a big dork bawling my eyes out and sniffing every three seconds. But y'all, I could watch that movie back to back for an entire day and still love it (well, to be honest I might get sick of it after a day, but you get the euphemism, right?). Let me tell you a little about it for those of you that don't know. It stars Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler (the guy from 300 if anyone is into Spartans...). They are married, living in New York City. The husband, Gerry (oddly enough played by a man named Gerard), gets a brain tumor and passes away. But in an effort to console his widow, he writes letters before his death to be sent or given to his wife in many various ways. The whole story is about her healing from his death. It is a wonderful love story that just touches my heart. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a sucker for love stories! And this is the best to date! I totally plan to read the book, which was written by Cecelia Ahern, an Irish writer. So, I suggest the next time you girls get together and want to have a girls night in, bring along this movie. And maybe it'll feel like I'm there with you, kind of......

4 comments:

Ashlie said...

I have to admit, I haven't watched this movie for exactly the reason that it's a tear-jerker. I'm glad to know it's good, though. But, I still don't know if I'll watch it, because now I'll know that you love it and you're not really here with me watching it and that would be really sad. Did that make sense at all?

Love you, Sis.

Martha said...

Awe, that makes me want to watch it now!! Thanks for letting us know all about it!

Martha said...

P.S. Miss you!

Lacy said...

Just so you know, Jerk-i-ness is a real thing...It's called a Neologism (made up word) :) Aren't you impressed! I think Pres. Bush is the best Neologist ever! haha j/j Love you!!