Tuesday, June 3, 2008

State of Our Union

As of today, Blair and I have been married 366 days, (ok,well, when I started this post that was true, I procrastinated, as usual)! The last weekend I was off we celebrated by going to Dallas/Ft.Worth for a cousins wedding and spending time with family.

Friday started off great because I was offered a job in Minot!! My tentative start date is August 15th. If, when we get up there, I see I can start sooner, my new boss told me I can! I am so excited to start this new chapter of our lives. When she offered me the position, I wanted to start right then! I'm also excited because she said I will get to wear whatever kind of scrubs I'd like!! Finally, no more teal!!!

But back to our trip...On Friday, we left around 11:30 or so. That morning I worked off and had not been to sleep yet so as soon as we got in the car and on our way I was out like a light!! Blair woke me up about an hour out of Dallas to keep him company. We arrived at the hotel around 3:30. As soon as we started unloading, one of Blair's uncle's and family pulled up. Blair's parents flew down with Blair's youngest brother and his girlfriend (who I had not met and was anxious to do so). When his parents got in to the hotel, we all met up and went to dinner at this wonderful Italian restaurant, Bravo's. When we got done eating, or shall I say, gorging ourselves, we all went to the parents of the cousin getting marrieds house. By the time we arrived, all of the cousins and aunts and uncles were there! I think I said, "How are you? I'm good." about twenty times! It was so good to see everyone and catch up. Blair and I had not seen everyone since last July when the sister got married. The get together was an "ice cream social" so we got to eat yummy ice cream. Everyone was exhausted from traveling all day so we didn't stay for too long.

Saturday morning Blair and I got up and met his immediate family to go sight seeing. Oh, by the way, I love Blair's brothers girlfriend. (Ben is his brother and Kate is his girlfriend.) We immediately clicked and got along great. She is a great girl and treats Ben good so I like her even more for that! Anyway, Kate wanted to see where Kennedy was assassinated so we loaded up and headed off. After we had some fun in downtown Dallas on the X that marks the spot of the assassination, we set off to find a place to eat. We found a street that had a bunch of restaurants and all a sudden this man came running across the street and said "Come eat at RJ's and we'll give you a free appetizer! And two free deserts!" We all looked at each other and shrugged and went to RJ's! It was really good so we were glad we went. After gorging ourselves again, we had to walk about three hundred miles (it was really about five blocks, but on a full stomach...) back to our vehicles. We decided to go shopping at a really nice shopping center close to our hotel. We stayed there for a couple hours then went back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was really beautiful. It wasn't at a church, but at a place called Mediterranean Villa. It was decorated in neutral colors and fleur de lis!! So it was right up my ally! I loved it!! The reception was on site at the dining/banquet hall. It was also beautiful! Christi, the bride, was gorgeous in her wedding gown and glowing with love for Danny, the groom. The reception was amazing! The girl cousins got out on the dance floor and had a great time!

Sunday we visited with the family for the last time before everyone headed home. It was a really good time and I am so in love with all of Blair's family. They have accepted me right into their fold! When we left the family gathering we went to Six Flags!! We had so much fun! All the rides were exciting (until I almost blacked out on the Titan)!! After Six Flags, we went to the hotel to get spruced up and went to eat at Saltgrass for our anniversary then went to see Indiana Jones!! We had a great time talking about the wedding and our weekend so far.

Monday we were going to go to Hurricane Harbor but when we got there the sign said "Open only on the weekends!" But we weren't too bummed, we just went shopping instead! Blair got some really nice clothes from Van Heusen and I got three pair of non-teal scrubs!When we got home, we decided to go eat again for our anniversary. So we went to Imperial Cathay and had a blast. Then we went to see the new Narnia movie, which was awesome!

So after celebrating our one year anniversary for days, we decided to sleep off all the fun! I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband that is so willing to make me happy. He is kind, considerate, loving, playful, serious,...he is every thing I could want or need in a mate. I am so thankful to call him MINE!!!



4 comments:

Osbons said...

I enlarged the pics so I could see the new nose! (ring that is) SOOOO CUTE! Isn't it great to get away! I'm glad ya'll had fun.

Jen said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!!! I'm so excited for you Laura!

Glad you guys had such a great time in Dallas. Happy Anniversary!!

Lacy said...

I do like the play on words in the title :) I miss you and I had a great time this weekend!!

Martha said...

Laura, it sounds like ya'll had such a great Anniversary weekend! I'm so glad you LOVE Blair's family!