Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So, so much news

So it's been officially a year since I last wrote on this blog...so much has happened since then!! Let me see if I can give you a quick update on our lives...

|In January, I took a couple of Master's courses in hopes of pursuing a degree in Family Nurse Practitioner. Unfortunately, I did not get accepted to the program. However, God works in mysterious ways. After switching to the Adult ICU from the Neonatal ICU, Blair came home and told me we had orders to move...to Turkey!! While coming to terms with the idea of uprooting our lives and moving around the world, we found out that we are going to have a baby in February! So, a lot of things have gone on in a short time.

At the moment, Blair and I are in route to our new adventure. We left our lives in North Dakota on Sunday night at about 11:30 p.m. to drive to Minneapolis, MN to drop off Blair's vehicle to be shipped to my parents in Louisiana. After about a 5 hour nap, we left Minneapolis to drive down to St. Louis, MO to leave my car to be shipped to Turkey. When we finally got all that settled, we went back to the hotel and crashed!! We arrived into Baltimore, MD today around 3 p.m. and without anything pressing on our agenda, finally, we have been relaxing in the very nice hotel that the military set us up in.

Now, I'm sure your all curious about the baby news! Don't worry I didn't forget! Currently I am 26 weeks and 5 days along. So far, everything looks great. No complications or concerns at the moment; which I am so thankful for seeing as how I will have to deliver in Turkey!! At 21 weeks, we had our gender ultrasound and found out that we will have a little baby GIRL!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet her! We have the stuff ready for her room, now we just need the room! I am so excited to set up her room in preparation for her arrival!

So that is our lives in a nutshell. What's going on in your life? Any news I should know about?

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

Sis, I was so excited to see this post! Even though I already knew all this, it still made me feel closer to you to read it. I am continually praying that you, Blair, and baby Belle will get settled quickly and be able to relax & enjoy your new home. I love you BIG time and I can't wait until we meet again. Love you!