Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Unexpected and unprepared...

...for Blair to leave so quickly! We've known for a while now that he'd have to go to "Seven Level School" in Wichita Falls, TX sometime in August. Then about a month ago, we learned he'd need to be down there by the 19th. I was figuring in two days of travel, but when I called him at work before I left for work on Tuesday, he told me he is leaving on SATURDAY!!!! Yes, folks, this Saturday.

I am so bummed! I thought we'd have the weekend together before he left so I wasn't worried about my work schedule this week; which coinsidentally, it's worked out that I have not seen hide nor hair of my husband since Sunday. You heard right. Sunday.

Am I happy?

No. I. Am. Not.

I get this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon, along with Friday, and that's it. He'll be leaving early Saturday morning.

I am really trying not to complain though. Women I know personally, and other bloggers, have husbands gone for way longer to dangerous places for months and months at a time. I know Blair will be okay...it's just I'll really miss him! He and I are so content just to be with each other that I'll miss just being in his presence.

So, readers, when you crawl into bed with your love, snuggle up and think about how lucky you are to have them in your arms.

I will, on the other hand, be holding Blair's pillow; which I'll have liberally sprayed with his cologne.

No comments: