Monday, October 22, 2007

It was a sew, sew day...

Ok, so by now, everyone has read about the wrap me and the sister made. I was so stoked to go to this class, I kept giving people at work the countdown to the day we went!! Everyone was like "Just do it already, and bring it up here when you've finished it!!" I do believe sewing is my new favorite past time. Next week, the sister and I are going to make "the perfect tote." She didn't want to go, but then she saw the cute fabric I chose for my tote and decided she wanted to take the class after all. I have a confession, though, it was a premeditated fabric-ing. I knew as soon as she saw my fabric she'd want to make one for herself...and it worked!!! We'll let you know how it goes!!


(Pardon the bleary eyes in this picture, I had just come off four days of working and had been up for 24 hours!)



Another cool thing I got on our "minky dot wrap day" was a sewing machine tote!!! It's so cute... and PINK!! We got a dust cover with the machine when we bought it, but this tote is just that, a tote!! It's got handles and a shoulder strap and everything!! Did I mention it's pink?? Sis and I had gone to Hancock's to look for fabric and I found this instead.

I just wanted to share a sampling of what I have been sewing on my new favorite toy!! I have discovered the art of pillowcases!! I love to make them. I have made three to date. This one is the cutest so far. The other two were for Blair so the "cute level" had to be toned way down.

My newest project is petticoats. A lady at work's granddaughter is going to a sock-hop themed skating party. The little hostess wants all of her friends to wear poodle skirts. The lady from work decided the skirts aren't "poofy" enough and wanted me to make three petticoats. Yes, I said three. Now, I undertook this project because it sounded fun and I thought I had way more time than reality is allowing. I know sis has talked about her procrastination problem and just to inform those who don't already know, that problem is GENETIC!! Meaning, I have three days till these petticoats are to be finished and I just started!!! And the tulle isn't even here yet!!! It's ordered though, so that's a bonus!!
Well, that's all for now, I suppose. I'll keep everyone updated on the petticoats. I will be sure to take pictures to share with everyone!!! Take care and God bless!!

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

Ha! You sneaky little thing!! You played me like a violin...and I didn't even know it!! Thanks though **sheepishly grinning**, I can't wait to make our "perfect tote"! And it BETTER be perfect for what it's costing us! Love ya!!

Candy said...

How fun! You two might just have to start up a little sewing business!

destiny said...

I just love your wraps!! You have some great projects going. Just let me know when yall start your business!Ha! I love the pillow case. You mean Blair wouldn't like a CUTE pillow case?!?

Sharron said...

Talk about talent running through a family!

Martha said...

Hey girlee! You need to e-mail me pictures of your pillowcases and wraps so that you can sell some on my website! I love your pillowcase..I've always wanted to try to make one, but never sat down to do it!:) ~Martha~